Sunday, December 2, 2012

Graham Parker: Big Man on Paper (1989)



A mellow-but-biting single from Graham Parker's (more HERE) long out-of-print 1989 album, "Human Soul".





Graham Parker "Big Man On Paper" promo CD single (9114-2-RDJ).

1. big man on paper 4:07
2. green monkeys 8:40
3. everything goes 2:20
4. sugar gives you energy 1:40
5. daddy's a postman 2:25
6. green monkeys 1:51
7. everything goes reprise :24


GP fans - what do you think of "Human Soul?
Let us know in the COMMENTS section!



Support the man:

Homepage

Amazon


iTunes

MySpace

Bloodshot Records

Facebook

6 comments:

  1. IT'S ON ZIPPYSHARE!
    let me know how it works...
    http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/45954260/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent . . . thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffen

    I just pulled out the Human Soul CD.I probably haven't listened to the CD in over 20 years.Sounds better than I remembered.Definitely kinda laid back and polished but the Graham Parker voice still has the bite.The horns are great.Brinsley on guitar,Bodnar on bass,Nieve on synths,James Hallawell on Hammond Organ and Pete Thomas on drums.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jeffen

    Still listening to the album.Has become a bit more noisy as the album progresses.Gotta Mr. Parker!I will listen again tomorrow at full volume.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeffen, Jeff R here again, long time no see. Thanks for another string of GP posts. Human Soul was such a disappointment to me after The Mona Lisa's Sister. Way too slick. The words "polish" and "Parker" do not go together. I'm glad that he returned to more acoustic textures on the following album, Struck By Lightning.

    Forgive me for not doing the research myself, but are there any tracks here that are exclusive to this EP?

    PS Love me some Zippyshare!

    PS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die