Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Spazzys: Dumb is Forever (2011)


After one of those soul-crushing legal battles that are a part of rock lore (i.e. Springsteen's forced inactivity in the mid-70's) The Spazzys have re-emerged with a newly released, Japanese-only, album titled Dumb is Forever. Definitely more of a power-pop (Cheap Trick division) album than a pop-punk one, this is still an ass-kicking, name-taking record. While a certain bitterness pervades the album ("Divorce",  "Dissolution Was the Only Solution, "Love = Pain") these rippling, melodic songs (check out the Fastbacks-like "Best Waves Ever") just exude a steely undaunted sound. Since these songs were actually recorded years ago, maybe we can now hope for a quick, rocking follow-up with international distribution. (For lots more Spazzys on MRML go HERE!)





Let us know what you think of this new Spazzys stuff in the COMMENTS section!


Support the band!


8 comments:

  1. "Aloha, Go Bananas" is one of the best albums to come out in the last ten years. I bought this album earlier this summer and I am still trying to get used to it. It is pretty different that "Aloha..." I think I wanted more of the type of stuff they did on that album; therefore, I am still in the midst of getting used to it. I like "Divorce" and "Understand"...some of the other stuff....meh. Oh, and can you repost the set with Marky Ramone? Thanks.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. CallPastorJerkfaceOctober 8, 2011 at 12:08 PM

    So Japanese only means we can order it from...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CallPastorJerkface-

    I found mine on ebay. I am not sure if it was from the label that put it out or not; however, it was sealed and brand new.


    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's the new Donnas. I like their older stuff a lot. Now I'll name drop The Eyeliners.

    Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  5. CallPastorJerkfaceOctober 8, 2011 at 4:37 PM

    Thanks Nick! I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, this band is giving me strange feelings in my loins. gotta go to my preacher and ask why. neat-o stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see them back ! Love to see a tour with them and White Flag ! Girls Rock Too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick
    It's true it's less Ramones-ey but I still like it.

    Emerson
    I kinda like the Donnas first album but they lost their charm pretty quick, now as for the Eyeliners...

    Nazz
    Loin-exciting- neat-o stuff indeed!

    Rev
    Whatever happened to WF anyway, they were a fascinating and weird band.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die