Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Love My Shih-Tzu: Who Loves You, Baby


Seven years after the Dik Van Dykes fell apart singer Dik (now just plain 'ole Mike Johnston) re-emerged to lead I Love My Shih-Tzu. The story goes that Dike agreed to join former DVD (and Pop-Tart) Sarah Hodgson's band, Sinister Dude Ranch, on the condition of a name change. Hence ILMS came into the world in 1996 with all the junk culture references ("Flood Pants") the pinching of classic rock songs (Eddy Grant via The Clash' s "Police On My Back" shows up in "Without A Clue) and general insanity ("Too Much Like Fun") that made the Dik Van Dykes so damn good.






Who Loves You, Baby link is in the comments


Speaking of comments, let us know what you think of the band and comeback albums (under a new name) in general.

Thanks to Jonathon who uploaded the images (and possibly the music as well) to LastFM.

6 comments:

  1. .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    HELLO? LEAVE A COMMENT TO REMIND US WE'RE NOT ALL ALONE DOWN HERE.





    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmmyzyzyy1o

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously? this is way toooo much fun. waaaaaayyyy tooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris
    Glad at least one person liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fond memories of seeing them play a few times in Hamilton, plastic vegetable instruments and all. Now if only I could go back in time to see the Dik Van Dykes....

    No download necessary..I have the CD and I just listened to it recently. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die