Friday, June 24, 2011

Billy Bragg: Peel Session (1996)


So, , according to the wonderful site Keepin' it Peel, Billy Bragg's The Peel Sessions album (MRML's inaugural post) doesn't even scratch the surface of Bragg's visits to Peely. When I found this sesion it was labelled as Christmas Spectacular and was identified as occurring on December December 12th 1996. I can't find that date on the aforementioned Peel site (the interview is left in here, so there can be no doubt whose show this is) but it's a great solo Bragg session circa the album, "William Bloke".



All I can say is enjoy this and if anyone can help hook me up with more of Bragg's legion of BBC recordings (really, a third box set - "The Bard of the BBC"!)
I would be a most appreciative blogger!


Don't forget to leave us a COMMENT (which is where you will find the link for
1996 Peel Session)
.



Support the artist!

MySpace

Homepage

Amazon

iTunes

9 comments:

  1. G
    I
    V
    E

    M
    Y

    G
    R
    E
    E
    T
    I
    N
    G
    S

    T
    O

    T
    H
    E

    N
    E
    W

    B
    R
    U
    N
    E
    T
    T
    E
    .
    .
    .


    http://www.mediafire.com/?uvqhbjzqw9dxjgb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the Peel sessions CD but if this has more tracks I must have it.

    Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Billys 'The Whole Peel Sessions' which is on 5 CDs if anyone is interested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy C

    That's me! Interested very interested!
    You can contact me at jeffen69@hotmail.com and we can discuss,

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Dark End Of The Street' was a treat!

    Do you have the Johnny Clash single?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Thanks. Your choices to upload are always first rate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hijack the wonderful Bragg postings but I was wondering if you still had a copy of this to share?

    Can't seem to find it anywhere. All old links are dead.


    http://berkeleyplace.wordpress.com/2008/04/13/the-clash-the-best-of-the-bonds-1981-the-bonds-top-30/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm loving all this billy bragg, so thanks for fixating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die