Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chixdiggit: Daytrotter Sessions (2011)



Props to the sorta indie-centric Daytrotter for giving over some pixels to ass-kicking pop-punk like Calgary's Chixdiggit (who have a spiffy new EP on Fat Wreck-Chords called Safeways Here We Come). This is a great session that has classic songs like, "Stacked Like That" and "Spanish Fever", a new song "I Found Love", a  re-arranged song , "I Remember You" and even an unreleased song, "The Highway Men" (not to be confused with the Alfred Noyes poem or the Phil Ochs adaption thereof). For more Chixdiggit on MRML go HERE!


1. Welcome to Daytrotter
2. I Found Love
3. Spanish Fever
4. Stacked Like That
5. I Remember You
6. The Highway Man


Let us know what you think of Chixdiggit's visit to Daytrotter in the COMMENTS section (which is where you'll find the sessions link)



Support the Band!

Fat Wreck-Chords
 
MySpace
 

Interpunk
 

Amazon
 

iTunes




(Photo by Brushback!)

7 comments:

  1. C
    H
    I
    X
    D
    I
    G
    G
    I
    T
    !

    C
    H
    I
    X
    D
    I
    G
    G
    I
    T
    !

    C
    H
    I
    X
    D
    I
    G
    G
    I
    T
    !

    C
    H
    I
    X
    D
    I
    G
    G
    I
    T
    !


    http://www.mediafire.com/?ol57jxjtwgmmxod

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good, in a weird, cross-sectional, kind of way.

    'I Remember You', with the whistling, is the standout track for me.

    'The Highway Man' is a Groovie Ghoulies song with Kepi Ghoul singing and sometimes playing bass.

    (Speaking of re-arranged songs and whistling, do you have the bonus disc from the Asexuals' 'Exile From Floontown'? Love Goes Plaid or Walt's Wish?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really too bad that Daytrotter is a fee-based site now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I am a fan of the Daytrotter sessions, but I somehow missed out on this one! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bio
    Agreed on the preeminence of IRY.
    Thanks for the info on The Highway Man' (never knew much about the Ghoulies)

    JK
    Gotta try yo 'monetize' everything now...

    Anon
    wealldiggit


    Bryn
    Glad to keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic band, a top favorite! It makes my day to find something new from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die