Wednesday, November 16, 2011

V.A. Stortbeat (1978-1982) Volume Two




As my Canadian musical heritage quest deepens, I'll break for a nod to this blog's ever-green obsession with UK obscurities of the late seventies and early eighties. here's the second disc of this out-of-print collection of old singles that came from a DIY punk collective label called Strortbeat run by by members of The Gangsters and The Sods.




Disc Two

Runs/Teenbeats
- I'm never nervious (live)
- Nobody wants to know
- Bun in the oven
The Sods
- Snakes
- Work
Pete the Meat and the Boys
- Look what she's doing
- Superman
- Why should I care

Trendy Records
The Groove
- What am I gonna do about you
- I wanna be your pigmy
- Heart Complaint
- I'm in love

No label
Anti State Control
- Sniffing Glue Blues
- M.U.S.E
- 3rd World bomb
Gangsters
- Trouble (live)
- Weekend (live)
Rabits
- Romantic old sod
- Grab the haddock
Mirror Co
- Hit Single
- Beat City
Vertical Strokers
- Holidays
- Saturday girls
Rodger Milton
- My old man (backed by The Firm)



Let us know what you think of this collection of slightly-grubby obscurities in the COMMENTS section (where you'll find the Stortbeat V. 2 link).

8 comments:

  1. .
    >
    ,
    <

    .
    >
    ,
    <

    .
    >
    ,
    <

    .
    >
    ,
    <

    .
    >
    ,
    <

    Comments are a pleasant thing...


    .
    >
    ,
    <

    .
    >
    ,
    <

    .
    >
    ,
    <



    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?01spvi6s1bq2kzh

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mr. twilight zone you come up with the goods yet again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah , much thanks again for CD 2 of this great Compilation Cd 2 is as good as CD 1 , my favourite Band here is S-Groove , but all the other Bands are also fantastic.Different Style Music With The Same Fun And Attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic . . . thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having raved on about the Sods and the Licks/Epileptics/Flux in the Stortbeat 1 post, let's just say I can't wait to hear more Sods (UK), though how they could top "No Pictures" is going to be a challenge.. ta muchly, Jeffen, from across the sea, giving me a chance to hear my former local band as never before.

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot! Can't wait to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. link's down, can you please re-upp???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too late for me. Grrrr....
    As previous anonymous, if you could re-up, would be great!Please

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die