Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Forgotten Rebels: The Pride and the Disgrace LP (1986)



Back in 1986, I bought this LP from The Forgotten Rebels` (more HERE) merch table, put it on tape and played it to death on my Walkman. After the sanitized 1985 EP, Boys Will Be Boys,this was the Rebels in all the crude n' hooky glory. For censor-baiting we have a slew of tracks like "Ethiopia", "Live Strippers in Action" and the musical contagion known as "(I'm in Love With Your) Underwear". For the punked up covers we have a fun run-through of The Beatles' "Rain" and an even-better roughing up of Status' Quo's "Pictures of Matchstick Men". To keep things mixed-up we have a Cramps-ian rockabilly track, "Graveyard Rock", a power-pop tune, "Sadie" and yet-another version of "Surfin' On Heroin".





Track Listing:
1. Ethiopia
2. Sadie
3. Graveyard Rock
4. Rain
5. Little Girl
6. Hiding In Your Room
7. I Am King
8. Bomb Russia
9. Matchstick Man
10. Live Strippers
11. Underwear
12. Surfin' On Heroin

Other People's Music re-mixed, re-titled, re-packaged and added bonus tracks to this album in 1996. This is a rip of the original vinyl, you may still be able to find the later version in the links below.

What do? Let us know what you think of this albuim in the COMMENTS section (where you'll find the link for the The Pride and the Disgrace LP).

*  Update: Mediafire is down, so I tried Megaupload - let me know if it works!  *


Support the band 

Homepage


Amazon

15 comments:

  1. ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?


    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDALJWA2

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! This is a great band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where I stopped buying their stuff so I guess I have to stop commenting on their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeffen....get in touch. I can't find your email address etc. on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works!

    And twenty-something years of my life are instantly whooshed back to 1987...

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have the boys will be boys 12". how do i get it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon I + II
    Welcome!

    DG
    Oh yes you can!

    Vic
    Here:
    jeffen69@gmailcom.

    Bio
    Glad to bring you back in time.

    Anon

    Cool!
    jeffen69@gmailcom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jeffen, this is one of theirs that I do not have. Would love to hear the Boys ep too.
    Ken Days Of Our Youth

    ReplyDelete
  9. KH77
    Hope you 'enjoyed' the Boys Will Be Boys, I consider it a bit of a 'guilty pleasure'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the Rebels rips. I use to see them all the time in the 80's when they would come down to Buffalo and play at the Continental.

    Mickey would always be hammered and tell the stupidest jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Mickey would always be hammered and tell the stupidest jokes."
    The Rebels in a nutshell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the drums and im %99 sure other stuff were re-recorded for the CD version of this album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know how you know that but I'm inclined to trust you that there was extensive re-workings.

      Delete
  13. The drums on the CD were recorded over again

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die