Thursday, September 12, 2013

Transistors: You Life Could Be So Easy! (2013)

Is This Anything? cover art


Transistors are an indie-pop-punk from New Zealand who fit with that island's reputation for clever, idiosyncratic pop (See: Nun, Flying) but with a lot more oomph! I particularly love this perfectly-executed video which amuses, while pummeling you with the chorus till you just surrender!





The entire album is available for streaming over at the ever-excellent Bandcamp:





Let us know what you think of the Transistors and their work in the COMMENTS SECTION!






4 comments:

  1. wow!! cheers for letting me know about these guys.......I'm in NZ & I'd never heard anything about them. Trouble with NZ is the music press only ever seems to publish/promote top 30 chart stuff or the latest hip-hop or poppy-pop-girl-band etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I often need sites from other spots in the world to tell me about great bands from my own country (Canada) because of a similar lameness in our music press (such as it is!)
      Glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  2. I love this video. Just picked up the CD and got done listening to it, and I must say there is no let up in quality from start to finish. One of the best high energy punk-pop records I've heard this year. I'm surprised its not getting much press, seemingly.

    I hear they opened for the Buzzcocks when they toured NZ and it sounds like an inspired choice to me, though I hear a little Mission of Burma in what they do also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buzzcocks and MoB would be good points of comparison.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die