Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Spazzys: My Boyfriend's Back


Covering the Angels and the Riverdales on one little record shows just how good the Spazzys' (see more here) taste is. Their version of "My Boyfriend's Back" while fuzzed-up and rocked-out is ultimately pretty faithful, right down the hand-claps and the hey-la's.



The Riverdales cover, "I Don't Wanna Go to the Party" is fittingly Ramones-ish but adds a bit of the spunk occasionally lacking in that section of Ben Weasel's catalog.


My Boyfriends' Back
7"


(A fascinating video of the Spazzys backing up Saints' leader Chris Bailey on the same song. Odd.)

Supporting the band is currently next to impossible. If that changes (or if someone credible informs me that these posts would in any way harm the band) then I will update this.

4 comments:

  1. That's the best version of "My Boyfriend's Back" I've ever heard!

    As for the performance by Chris Bailey & His Ozzie Orchestra...it's good to see him alive and in fine voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to agree this is the best cover of the song I've ever heard !!! I tried many times to get the F@RTZ to cover this song :D but Blain would never do it ? Also "Soldier Boy" I guess punk rock guys are to homophobic... Stupid twerps !!! Thanks for turning me and everyone else on to this Amazing Band !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CPB
    It stands up next to the incredible original and without the Dickies-styled treatment most pop-punk would've given it.

    Rev
    The world would have been a stranger, but likely better, place with a a Fartz version of MBB. After all look what The Hollywood Brats did with their unchanged version of "And The He Kissed Me".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Stuff ! thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die