Thursday, October 25, 2012

J Church: Prophylaxis (1994)



I've written a long meditation J Church's Lance Hahn, a man I knew a little bit and admired a lot and I'd be honoured if you'd give it a read over HERE.



 
Today's' offering, which I have recently procured on vinyl, is the band's second proper album, 1994's Prophylaxis. I initially disliked it as moved the band in darker, less poppy direction but powerful songs like "Why I Liked Bikini Kill" made me see the error of my ways!





Any thoughts on J Church, British albums or otherwise, can be offered in the COMMENTS section!

 


Support Lance's Legacy: J Church Homepage J Church MySpace J Church at No Idea J Church at Interpunk J Church at Amazon J Church at Wikipedia J Church at Discogs We Love Lance Hahn page
Lance Hahn obit at Pop Matters

3 comments:

  1. Hey the Church was going to be a one-off in tribute to the anniversary of Lance's passing but your COMMENTS brought me back for another round!
    We'd love to hear your thoughts on J Church!
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1348041554/J%20Ch%20Prhx%2094.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite digging the Cat Food record from the other day. great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die