Saturday, October 27, 2012

July Talk: Selt-Titled, 2012 (full-stream)



Who's up for a new sound?

Sure, there's no new new sounds but sometimes a band chops up  a few familiar sounds and ends up creating something...well...new.

Of course, some will label that newness, such as it is, as 'phony or 'mannered' or (worst of all a) as a mere 'novelty'.

Pay such carpers no mind and check out Toronto's July Talk.

The July Talk's sound is kinda like an open marriage between the White Stripes and Sleigh Bells. Sure, that's just one of those rock-writer glib-isms, maybe you'll feel a need to add in something like Tom Waits kidnapping The Cardigans or Nancy Sinatra riding shotgun with Lemmy in a stolen 1934 Ford V8.

Whatever.

To hear how July Talk blenderize the good, the bad, the ugly and the unforgiven into a potent mix, listen here:





Or watch the video below:





Alright, 
Don't be afraid to give us you opinion
on this new band in the COMMENTS section


HOMEPAGE

3 comments:

  1. I can't say I wasn't expecting some cringing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generation Me's Big Sugar?

    I actually think there's some pretty fine mixing and mashing going on here. It's unlikely that I'll jump into full-on fandom though, as I'm old and set in my ways.

    These kids can play on my lawn all they like. They're having fun and nobody's getting hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die