Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Fastbacks: In the Winter (1989)



So before taking a break to offer encouragement to those in the path of Hurricane Sandy yesterday, we were talking about great Fastbacks albums (more HERE). Which leads us to today's question about your favourite single/E.P. by The Fastbacks. Their first single "It's Your Birthday" or Play Five of Their Favorites would be my amongst my first choices but the band released a veritable slew of excellent singles over their carrier such as this awesome seven inch that puts their mournful-yet-hummable track, "In the Winter", in the spotlight!






So, MRML readers, what's your favourite Fastbacks single? Let us know in the COMMENTS section!



Support the band

Amazon

iTunes

SubPop

Homepage (sorta)

14 comments:

  1. Dear Fastbacks fans
    Don't forget to vote with your words, if you'd like this series to continue!
    The ratio of COMMENTS to downloads was pretty pitiful on the last post, and even the weather can't account for THAT.
    Sincerely,
    Jeffen
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2353571796/Fbx%20ItW%207.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intro sounds a lot like Answering Machine by the Mats... Good tune anyway. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what was a single and what wasn't but my favorite Fastback song has to be "Read My Letters".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers...my fave is also It's your birthday,simply I haven't listen so many stuff by the band,by the way any chance to see/hear Never Fails Never Work comp ...maybe I could find out better song
    all the best and keep the faith,man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to find "Never Fails Never Works", "I'll keep looking!

      Delete
  5. "Lose" from the split with Gas Huffer! and Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite singles are "Way it out" and "Gone to The Moon 12"" inches with Go All The Way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to listen to gone to the moon again...

      Delete
  7. "It's Your Birthday"


    Nathan.G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wrong Wrong Wrong / In America

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die