Friday, May 6, 2011

Lords of the New Church: Paralyzed (Plus video of a 1983 concert!!)


In one of those towering, epic posts I seem driven to write I asked, "What hath the Lords of the New Church wrought?" (Take it all in HERE). Ever since, I've been waiting to find an excuse to share this live show from the early 1980's and this post over on MetaFilter was the final push.
(MRML's mess of Lords posts can be found HERE.)


This 36 minute Lords of the New Church concert recorded for Spanish TV was liberated from the studio and then uploaded to YouTube (I believe...) by the user known as kigonjiro. Bless all involved


To watch the whole show in order go HERE

Let us know your take on The Lords!

The Paralyzed link is in the comments section


Support the band!


Homepage


MySpace


Amazon


iTunes

8 comments:

  1. .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .


    COMMENTS!

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    http://www.mediafire.com/?i3v1st8s7t9r4da

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love th LOTNC - thanks for this - saw them many times in the early 80's. Shame Stiv died

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was overjoyed when I first heard their debut album. Everything seemed to be turning MTV new wave or hardcore. Loved hearing some good old school rip-roaring PUNK!

    Thanks for this one !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ashamed to say that I had written off LOTNC as "too new wave" during high school and didn't really start listening to them again until after Stiv died. I was instantly converted after hearing the barn-burning tribute to Stiv Bators album that Poison Idea and Jeff Dahl recorded, and belatedly started combing the used bins for Lords of New Church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UF
    R.I.P. Stiv

    Anon
    They did keep that edge didn't they?

    Bryn
    Yeah I bought the 7" of that and loved it right off!

    DC
    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    Please, Can you re-up? ... My old Bootleg vinyl is used !
    Fred... The 1st Stiv Bators French fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fred, thanks for keeping Stiv's flame alive:

    http://greatwhitewonders.blogspot.ca/2013/05/lords-of-new-church-paralysed.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die