Sunday, January 8, 2012

Best Purchases of 2011



As you all I know, I still buy music, some of which is new a lot of which is old. This list focusses on my favourite purchases that were not released during 2011.


The absolute number one item is the non-stop collection of garage-punk should-be- classics by M.O.T.O., Battle of the Band, which both I and CallPastorJerkface special ordered all the way from Australia at out local political-metal workers' collective, War On Music.  This purchase was exclusively the result of THIS POST over at One Base on an Overthrow.





For the rest of the list, please go and visit The Big Takeover!


What was your favourite non-2011 purchase of the year? Let us know in the COMMENTS section here or over at TBT.

  • For our Top 22 Songs of 2011 go HERE
  • For our Top Underappreciated Albums of 2011 go HERE
  • For our Top ten E.P.'s + Singles of 2011 go HERE

4 comments:

  1. Wow, cool idea for a list... I never thought of doing it this way.

    I can't think of my favorite non-2011 purchase right now -- I buy so many records and just file them away without listening to them for a while. I stumbled onto a test-pressing of Government Issue's "Boycott Stabb" at Redscroll Records, which was pretty neat. Oh, and I found an original of The Replacements "The Shit Hits The Fans" cassette for $2, so now I own two of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the top of my head, my list of this year's best non-2011 purchases would have to include a hearty dose of Dave Kusworth (in his solo, Jacobite and Bounty Hunter forms), The Poppee's anthology via Music Trader, "Battle Of The Band" (thank you One Base On An Overthrow, thank you!) of course, Despondency's delightful "Revelation IV (Rise Of The Nemesis)" also purchased at War On Music, Too Pure To Die's debut for $5 at Cheapos, Matching Mole's self titled set via Croatia (hevala!)and Henry Cow's stunning "Western Culture" accidentally due to an error by buy-you-books - support them, I say, support them!

    Thanks for the shout-out Jeffen and long may our Rock Walk run!

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on a crazy mission to collect all the john peel sessions. your blog was of great help. all the best and many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave
    "Boycott Stabb" and "The Shit Hits The Fans" t'was a very good year...

    CPJ
    That''s quite an eclectic list...

    SV
    Glad to keep it Peel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die