Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Payola$ - I'm Sorry (I Only Did It For The Money) 7" (1981)



Here's an excellent Payola$ (more HERE) single from 1981. The A-side, " I'm Sorry" is a ska-rocker that excoriates an unnamed musical sell-out ("White rocker, sometimes reggae") that could be Joe Strummer, while the B-side, "You Can't Walk Away", has hard-hitting verses and the kind of huge chorus that could've put this band over the top.





While a recent re-formation EP and a slim Best-Of CD are available, the Payola$ albums have NEVER been re-issued on CD or digitally.

  • All Payola$ rips and scans generously provided by ace archivist BristolBoy from My Life's A Jigsaw, who deserves a word of thanks!


Let us know what you think of the single (and who who might be the target of "I'm Sorry") in the COMMENTS section (where you will find the I'm Sorry (I Only Did It For The Money 7" link).



Support the Payola$




Amazon




iTunes

12 comments:

  1. COMMENTS ARE...
    (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oy8g1ljb51870un)
    GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the early Payolas stuff is splendiferous, glad you're giving that period its due. Something makes me think you'll not be featuring Here's the World or Rock N Hyde, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that stuff's for a more eighties-pop blog (NTTAWWT).

      Delete
  3. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Madison
    maddie0147@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. "White rocker, sometimes reggae"?


    Has to be Gordon "Fucking" Sumner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Said he didn't want to be like Jagger
      go to parties with the millionaires"

      I can't recall Sting making to many political promises in his young(er) days...

      Delete
  5. Good stuff to hear! It's really a shame that there may never be a decent Payola$ comp cd...

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really need a deluxe re-issue of the 1st album.

      Delete
  6. comment.
    :) Love your site. Have never heard of the Payolas, but I like a lot of deeper tracks by the Knack.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die