Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bob Mould: Daytroter Sessions (2011)



So I'm about half-way through Bob Mould's autobiography, See a Little Light and while it can be marred by pettiness and narcissism, (see the opening anecdote) it brings some fascinating insight into Bob the song-writer as does this acoustic Daytrotter session, which features the best song from his most recent album, Life and Times, "I'm Sorry, Baby, But You Can't Stand in my Light Anymore".





Tracks

    1  Welcome to Daytrotter
    2  The Breach
    3  I'm Sorry, Baby, But You Can't Stand in my Light Anymore
    4  Life and Times
    5  Bad Blood Better


Support the artist

Bob Mould Official Site
 

Anti Records

Amazon

iTunes

8 comments:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/?u980y9sy1gkhbdo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely under-rated artist. Love the emotion of his words and music. Any of his other live stuff would be greatly appreciated as it's been difficult to find much. Great blog and a dazzling variety of sounds. Always an interesting read. Thanks for all you do to keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I have his book sitting in my 'to-read' pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Bob Mould several times in the 90's, both solo and with Sugar. In fact, Sugar at the Brixton Academy in 1994 was so brutally loud and the strobe lighting so relentless, it was like being beaten up, which was good. Bob is an unsung musical genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hüsker Dü, Sugar, Solo - always a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this, Bob Mould is truly a great songwriter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments Bob-lovers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die