Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tom Waits: Hell Broke Luce (2012)



Damn do I have mixed feelings about Tom Waits. I love the weird raspiness, the fierce noncommercialty, the twisted poetry and, when the mood strikes him, those haunting tunes. Of course, Waits commitment to his art includes a a lot of blurpy jazz, New Yorky art and megaphoney tunelessness, which can alienate a song-based person like myself. Of course, all of that is what makes Tom Tom and I'm not dissing the man, whom I admire greatly.

Wait's new video "Hell Broke Luce" (all the context you could need is compiled here), contains almost everything mentioned above and a bunch of other weird-ass elements to make a chilling audio and video statement on the waste of war.





Tom Waits


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die