Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bad Religion: Fuck You (2012)



The first single from the new Bad Religion album, True North, is called, rather indelicately, "Fuck You".  It's got the charging tempos, oozin  ahs, clattering guitar and erudite verbosity we associate with prime BR, even if the song seems more restrained then the title promises. I'm gonna guess this is a Mr. Brett song, not only for the more artful lyrics ("sometimes just a word/Is the most satisfying sound") but for the compelling bridge that shows off one of the man's signature contributions to the band's sound.





The songs foretells a strong record (it's scheduledd for 2013) but it sure ain't gonna top one of my all-time fave Bad Religion curse tunes, "Hooray For me (and Fuck You)":





HOMEPAGE

7 comments:

  1. Excellent track....I really hope the rest of the album is as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've really liked the last couple but there seems to be more filler on them then the older albums.

      Delete
  2. Bad Religion up there with the best bands of all time, great live act too, nice to see they aren't mellowing with age
    Phinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they seem to live in abject fear of repeating "Into the Unknown".

      Delete
  3. i know nothing about Bad Religion but I know I really needed to hear 'Fuck You' today. Thanks. I will certainly look into them further on this evidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good album to start with would be "Stranger Than Fiction"

      Delete
  4. Bad Religion - 2013 - True North

    http://uploaded.net/file/firq9urs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die