Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Eeries: Home Alone (2012)


The key-failing of so much modern-day garage-rock is deficit of imagination, an over-studied bloodlessness that sucks the joy right of your speakers. Philadelphia, PA’s The Eeries, on the other hand, have re-discovered the joy of theft on their debut album, Home Alone. Rather then just cop riffs from the Sonics et al, The Eeries pinch from a wider palette, whether it's the Beatles, Buddy Holly or The Beach Boys these boys are on a spree and glorying in it! While the results may be deliriously retro, they're also bloody good!

Let us know what you make of The Eeries in the COMMENTS section!





FACEBOOOK

BANDCAMP

7 comments:

  1. The first track had me worried that my ears might get glazed over due to the Gruesome-ness of it all. But, as I kept listening, I realized that these kids know how to right great songs - hooks, lyrics and melodies. Totally impressed!

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're write about the song-righting!

    I figured that'd be right up yer alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spelling and grammer suck.

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...makes me think of all the typos I've left in the posts themselves over the years!

      Delete
  4. What's the first commentor's "gruesomeness" remark mean? I feel like I'm missing an inside joke, but never mind that, mind this:

    This sounds like it might be an instant classic, but I'm just a few mins into it. Makes me happy unto smiling to know that people still are trying to do songs that sound like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CPJ and I have been friends for like fifteen years and grew up in the same part of the country at (around) the same time and hence sometimes our language gets a little in-jokey.
      By "gruesomeness" CPJ means to say; "this sounds like one of those eighties garage-rock revival bands, like Montreal's the Gruesomes, who tried so hard to sound exactly like garage bands from the sixties that they ended up being totally monotonous"

      Delete
    2. Uh yeah, and glad you liked it!

      Delete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die