Thursday, June 7, 2012

Joey Ramone with 22 Jacks: Live at the Viper Room (1997)



After Joey Ramone (more HERE) and punk rocker super-ish-group 22 Jacks, recorded "I'll Be With you Tonite" for a Cheap Trick tribute album, they played a show together in 1997 at Johnny Depp's LA night club, The Viper Room. It's a cool set list. There's a few tracks from the then-forthcoming Don't Worry About Me, a batch of Ramones "hits" and, as was standard during Joey's solo performances, he does a run-through of End of the Century's "Danny Says" which he clearly felt, as I always have, was a drastically-unappreciated song.





The Viper Room, November 11, 1997

01. Wonderful World
02. Rockaway Beach
03. Carbona Not Glue
04. Sheena Is A Punkrocker
05. Danny Says
06. 1969
07. I Don't Care
08. Blitzkrieg Bop
09. California Sun
10. I Wanna Be Sedated



Readers,
Two questions:
Whaddya think of Joey and 22 Jacks?
Do ya wanna hear STILL EVEN MORE Joey rarities?
That's what the COMMENTS section is for.



Support the artist

Homepage


Facebook

MySpace

iTunes

12 comments:

  1. Readers,
    Two questions:
    Whaddya think of Joey and 22 Jacks?
    Do ya wanna hear STILL EVEN MORE Joey rarities?
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2471011112/JR_22J_VR_97.rar
    P.S. What's your take on "Danny Says?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey covering Cheap Trick? My brain just exploded.

    Thanks for this series — so many unexpected treats, and so good to hear more Joey Ramone.

    As for Danny Says, that's the best track on End of The Century and may be my favorite Ramones tune period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffen, this stuff is great, absolutely want to hear more. Danny Says, classic Joey, it shows his "60's" and girl band influences, love the slow tension buildup. Used to have it on a Christmas mixtape, my kind of Christmas music. I going back to watch Get Smart on TV and see what you could follow this up with. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved this track even when I HATED "Baby, I Love You".

      Delete
  4. how great is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't a chance to hear this yet but the Cheap Trick cover is great ! And as far Danny Says goes... One of my top 10 favorite Ramones songs and the best track on End of the Century ! Pearl Jam pulls of a respectfull cover of it BTW, not that I'm a fan but a couple are old friends and I respect their work ethic within the Rock n Roll Circus. And do you need to truly ask if we want more =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of PJ but they have earned my respect over the years - I'll never own an album bu8t I consider them to be on the side of the guys.

      Delete
  6. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing the Joey series. Just listening to Danny Says - yes agreed, very underrated track.

    SteveO

    ReplyDelete
  7. fuckin rapidshare fuckin sucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks to have put great effort into a post and then have someone's only response be that they hate the free file-sharing service you're using.
      Not cool.

      Delete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die