Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ramones: Live at The Palladium, 1979 (FM)



 It's the end of the seventies, the Ramones are about to unleash the more carefully-constructed End of the Century album on an unprepared world but things on the stage are still a pure forward motion, as this soundboard recording from New year's Eve 1979 proves. Critics and fans alike have tepid feelings about End of the Century but I consider it the last piece of their golden era. What about you?






THE RAMONES - 1-2-3-4 DIE
Live at The Palladium, New York - December 31, 1979
Stereo Soundboard :: Recording 320Kbps.

01 Blitzkrieg Bop
02 Teenage Labotomy
03 Rockaway Beach
04 I Don't Want You
05 Go Mental
06 Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
07 I Wanna Be Sedated
08 I Just Want To Have Something To Do
09 She's The One
10 This Ain't Havana
11 I'm Against It
12 Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
13 Havana Affair
14 Commando
15 Needles And Pins
16 I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
17 Surfin' Bird
18 Cretin Hop
19 All The Way
20 Judy Is A Punk
21 California Sun
22 I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
23 Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
24 Pinhead
25 Do you Wanna Dance?
26 Suzy Is A Headbanger
27 Let's Dance
28 Chinese Rock
29 Beat On The Brat
30 We're A Happy Family
31 Bad Brain
32 I Wanted Everything




Ramones-maniacs:
What's your take on End of the Century?
Do you wanna hear MORE MORE MORE Ramones rarities?



Support the band!

Homepage

MySpace

Amazon

iTunes

20 comments:

  1. Ramones-maniacs:
    What's your take on End of the Century?
    Do you wanna hear MORE MORE MORE Ramones rarities?
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1905578638/Rm_1234_Pldm_79.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great share! Keep 'em comin' Maybe after The Ramones, you can start on The Feelies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved End of the Century, defintely under-rated and under-appreciated. Really diggin' the series and appreciate the posts keepem comin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. danke mein freund

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another Ramones rarity. End of the Century is the first of the "hit or miss" years. It has some classic songs diminished an experiment gone wrong, Phil Specter's production. It could have been genius and a huge record but the Ramones music just did not pair well with that production. The Ramones remained genius because the music did not need production values to be great; it only needed a half-way decent recording.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a fan of End Of The Century, and of this recording! I'm glad to have it digitized--I found it at a flea market in San Francisco many years ago, on cassette, and wore that mother out! Thanks for a better copy than I ever thought I'd see. Great blog!

      Delete
    2. Convertidio
      I do think the production on "Rocket To Russia" make it stronger (even It's Alive has a producer's hand at work). SOP yeah there are problems with the Spector overkill but that helps keep things interesting five albums in.

      Anon
      Enjoy this new version of an old thing.

      Delete
  6. Top of the morning jeffen.ill pop some links to ramones gigs here in the comments for you later mate if you like.cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like "End Of The Century", but their last great album is "Pleasant Dreams" from 1981.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think "End of the Century" has Joey's best-sounding vocals, but I am not the biggest fan of the songs or the sound quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really the most "Joey" of any Ramones album.

      Delete
  9. this was originally recorded by whew-fm in nyc and rebroadcast the next evening. i taped it on cassette from that broadcast and it has remained a treasured piece of my collection and memory ever since.
    nazz nomad
    www.bleedinout.bogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was at the concert at the Palladium that night, they kept singing right though midnight ...awesome!!I will never forget it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die