Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ramones: Pleasant Demos (1981)



A pleasant find indeed this one. These are the early '81 demos for what may be the Ramones pop-iest album, Pleasant Dreams. NONE of these demos appear on Rhino's 2002 re-issue of Pleasant Dreams. These demos do demonstrate that this was going to be a pop album, whether Graham Gouldman manned the board or not, due to the heavy presence of Joey and his songs. The sound quality is good, if a little box-y, and the track selection perfect for us fanatics that already bought the real thing!





Pleasant Dreams Demos
NY, Jan-Feb 1981

01 Sitting in My Room
02 She's a Sensation
03 She's a Sensation(take 2)
04 Yeah, Yeah
05 7-11
06 Don't Go
07 This Business Is Killing Me
08 Wasn't Looking For Love
09 You Sound Like You're Sick
10 The KKK Took My Baby Away
11 All's Quiet on the Eastern Front
12 Come On Now




Ramones-maniacs:
Whaddya think of Pleasant Dreams?
Let us know in the COMMENTS section



Support the band!

Homepage

MySpace

Amazon

iTunes

21 comments:

  1. Ramones-maniacs:
    Whaddya think of Pleasant Dreams?
    Let us know RIGHT HERE!
    https://rapidshare.com/files/306668627/Rm_PD_81.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent.i've been looking for this one!
    i've also been searching for a live show at the show place in dover, new jersey. not sure of the date. has anyone seen that one? i know it's out there...somewhere. many thanks for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unexpected treat. You said End Of The Century is the last great album from the Ramones — I think there's a lot of good things to be said for this follow up. Pleasant Dreams has a bright sound — subsequent albums start the slide into their faster, louder period which I found much less embraceable. Long Live the Ramones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah of course I think all the albums up till Brain Drain are pretty solid, though I suppose the weaker tracks do multiply over time.

      Delete
  4. my favourite ramones album. bought it in the summer of '87 from a huge record and tape place in times square NYC.i only bought it as they didnt have a pogues tape i wanted and i liked the cover!!anyway last time i was in NYC that record store was long gone i think it may be a burger king now.anyway a brilliant album which i hold very dear to my heart.
    Fishesheads:i think i may have that show you are after.ill check and let you know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the ocver art - maybe even more than the 'shower cover' which is also cool.

      P.S. If you wanna share that link with me, I wouldn't mind a '77 show/

      Delete
  5. Hi fishesheads.
    i do have that show.its dated 8th feb 1977.get in touch and let me know how i can get the link to you.cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gobshyte, you're right — that's a great album cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, thank you so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved that cover art as well. It took me a little longer to get into the tunes but I sure do dig 'em now.

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
  10. this was a terrible lp due to the production- the demo's are much better than the official lp

    nazz nomad
    bleedinout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thee demos are cool - but i stand by the official version - gloss and all.

      Delete
  11. I'm more on the pop side of pop-punk than the punk side, so obviously I like this LP and look forward to the demos.

    Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sorta split the difference on the pop/punk divide so I love this record.

      Delete
    2. I've always LOVED Pleasant Dreams, and all things Graham Gouldman. If Green Day recorded this whole album ten years ago, it'd be a smash hit. Ahead of it's time.

      Delete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die