Friday, September 14, 2012

David Fenton (ex-Vapors): Fresh Air (1983)



Thanks to Håkan for the rip and scan of this lost treasure.

After The Vapors (more HERE) dispersed, leader David Fenton released his only solo single in 1983.





While in instrumentation these two tracks ( "Fresh Air" b/w "Buried in Snow") are closer to the synth-pop of their time, the songs are thoughtful, melodic and vocal-heavy, which makes for a far more human final product than so much of what filled the racks of this time.




So, whats your take on Mr. Fenton's solo stand?
We await your word in the COMMENTS section!


Support Mr. Fenton!

Secret Noise

Captain Oi!


Amazon 

iTunes

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for your words on our Vapors series.
    Hopefully, you can add something to the conversation for this particular rarity.
    https://rapidshare.com/files/511212050/D%20Fntn%20FA%2083.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - very impressed that Håkan has come through! many many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I would love to own that single I sadly dont and the rip is not mine.
    It was found on the www as is a few years ago and I dont remember the name of the blog/blogger who posted it.
    As far as my memory goes I think the blog was in spanish.
    Hope any Vapors fans who had never heard it gets a kick out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanx for this. Always up for anything Vapors related!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddly enough, I think it's great. Was never fond of the style, but he pulls it off. I haven't heard this in a long, long time. Hearty thanks to the upper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx for all the Vapor related posts. Only just stumbled across this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to stick around, we go off on all sorts of tangents 'round here.

      Delete
  7. i have the single if any guys want a copy also just got my self a studio version of secretnoise.. mail me magnets27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this. Got it when I was 17. Prefer the b-side...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die