Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3 Mustaphas 3: From the Balkans to Your Heart (1983-1985)




65 downloads and three comments?
WTF?
Leeching kills blogs, comments make them stronger
You can do better, dear readers
 


Roberto's Rarities:
An
irregular MRML series powered by the wild generosity of our reader, Roberto: Enjoy and don't forget to leave our benefactor a thank-you comment.

While members of the 3 Mustaphas 3 may have been in the Damned, Magazine and the Amazorblades this band's major connection to punk rock is their love of high-speed tempos. 3M3 were kinda like a Balkan version of The Pogues or Gogol Bordello twenty years before the fact.





From the Balkans to Your Heart is an out-of-print German-only LP that compiles all the band's BBC Radio One sessions for John Peel and works as a great introduction to the band.


Taxim 'Cello
Hasapiko Grigoro
broadcast first 6/7/83

Schnabbelle Freylekh No. 2
Teteli
broadcast first 30/1/84

Svadba
A Chilling Tale Pt 5
Singe Tema
Ya Habibi, Ya Ghaneyme
broadcast first 24/4/85

Intro / Dobrodolska Hora
Si Vous Passez Par Là
A Chilling Tale Pt 1
Czay Calypso
broadcast first 20/1/83 




Give us your take on the 3 Mustaphas 3, in the COMMENTS section, where you'll find the From the Balkans to Your Heart).

Support the band


MySpace


iTunes


Amazon

31 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll agree
    this nifty little rarity
    deserves a word or three


    https://rapidshare.com/files/3432597561/3M3_FtBtYH.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan bloody tastic!

    That's three ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's different than out usual fare for sure...

      Delete
  4. Thanks jeffen... had no idea about this band, and I'm not sure i do now either to be honest - but enjoying it all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes MRML cause understanding, sometimes enjoyment (and sometimes both!) but we're happy with any of those results.

      Delete
  5. Chiding readers kills blogs, too.

    And captchas kill comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of way to take that comment but none of them very good.

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to finding out what I missed the first time around. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "finding out what I missed the first time around" good call.

      Delete
  7. Jeff, I have no interest in this music per se. But I feel you are letting things get to you. If you succeeded in getting 65 dld's you should consider that a success. The fact that you only got 3 comments is just giving bad feelings free rent in your mind. As an old fart from the sixties I say just let it go... life to important to worry about other peoples bad manners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right, I may be crazy (as Billy Joel once said) but comments are what keep me going, I can't just let it go or I'd let the whole thing go with it.

      Delete
  8. This is the last thing I would have expected on this blog, and love it to death!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't want to blate, but in all files the phase between L/R is 180 degree shifted, so bass is canceled on subwoofers and acoustically!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the music

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx for this.Reminds me of better Times.John Peel ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good strange one... It seems that track 2 is missing...
    In another style, any chance of uploading some NMA?
    Many thanks and respect for your blog,
    Belu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hokey smokes this is fantastic!

    --Snatzo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Big thank you, I remember listening to the Peel sessions with this band and always felt something was missing from the other albums (stories of Mehmet, anyone remember the footie match versus Plymouth Argyll?). Stoked to find this here and even more to find a download that works.
    Take 62 of my thanks for the missing ones:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take it as such, and if I find any more rare 3M3, perhaps these comments will inspire another post!

      Delete
  15. A chilling tale!
    You can't coat a wolf in chocolate because it already has its own fur.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks hugely! I haven't put my ears to any 3M3 in a long while, and I have always loved this band! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sadly the link did not work for me. I was looking forward to hearing those Chilling Tales after so long. Not a great day for inter-species dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. special request:
    is there anyway in heaven or hell that you could re-up this file. it would serve humanity very well.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahhhh thanks i need to check this band out all night long

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die