Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teenage Bottlerocket: Joy Division 7" (2012)




Now this comes as a bit of a surprise. Wyoming's favourite Ramonesophiles, Teenage Bottlerocket (more HERE), have self-released a strictly-limited edition 7" of Joy Division covers. So, while plundering new source material, means some trickier guitar lines, some martial drumming and a certain seriousness, it's still recognizably TB. Joy Division may have been moody, atmospheric, blah, blah, blah but they were capable of writing such drop-dead perfect choruses that it made Ian Curtis' suicide that much more gut-wrenching. In tribute to Joy Division's depth, Teenage Bottlerocket stayed away from the most obvious choices, "Love Will Tear Us Apart", "She's  Lost Control" et al and instead rip through ferocious versions of "Ice Age" and "Walked In Line".

 





HOMEPAGE

10 comments:

  1. Bloody excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bloody excellent.

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff! i like it better than jd...

    nazz nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoW!
      Quite an amazing cover!
      I can't go as far as Mr. Nazz Nomad, but this is pretty darn good. And the band is from WYOMING ??

      Delete
    2. Damn straight and, no I can't think of another great Wyoming band - other than The Lillingtons who are a direct precursor to Teenage Bottlerocket.

      Delete
  4. I love some JD stuff but I've never considered them on of 'my bands', so I can see your point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you download the tracks? I have a few of the 7''s actually, but it didn't come with a download.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know it didn't come with a D/l code. Sorry I can't help but I never offer D/L's on in-print material (unless I have band approval).

      Delete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die