Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Little Roosters: People Break Down (1981)


Roberto's Rarities:
An
irregular MRML series powered by the wild generosity of our reader, Roberto: Enjoy and don't forget to leave our benefactor a thank-you comment.


The Little Roosters, who share three members with Oi! founders, Cock Sparrer and one associate member with synth-poppers, Yaz [!], impressed a lot of people with their glam-rock/pup-rock/rock-rock style, including one Joe Strummer. The Clash-man in fact produced much of the band's three-singles-and-an-album discography and was supposedly paid back with new teeth (no, really!).







For this 1981 single, the Roosters kept themselves only a Stone throw from Mick + Keef territory but now sounding more on the "Street Fightin' Man" side of things than the "Satisfaction" one.

Tracklist
A People Break Down 3:10
B Ain't Proud 3:30


 


MRML readers, don't let Roberto and me down on this new series! Do you like this Strummer-fortified/Cock Sparrer-powered rock n' roll????? Let us know in the COMMENTS section (where you'll find People Break Down).



For the band's only full-length LP go visit the brilliant Sons of the Dolls (and don't forget to drop a word of thanks to Midnight Rambler over there!)






P.S. Thanks to the ever-knowledgeable, ever-gernerous  
Bristolboy for the vinyl scans! 

 

MySpace

12 comments:

  1. MRML readers, don't let Roberto and me down on this new series! Do you like this Strummer-fortified/Cock Sparrer-powered rock n' roll????? Let us know RIGHT HERE!!!
    https://rapidshare.com/files/396938257/LR_PBD_81.rar
    MRML readers, don't let Roberto and me down on this new series! Do you like this Strummer-fortified/Cock Sparrer-powered rock n' roll????? Let us know RIGHT HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Dig the Roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeffen

    Enjoyin' The Little Red Roosters!Also thanks to Roberto(aka Bad Bob?) and Mr. Midnight Rambler.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your open ears and your gracious replies.

      Delete
  4. All of these posts about The Little Roosters have been excellent. I've only ever heard the one single (I Need A Witness), thanks for the posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why, instead of loving this band, I'm finding them just okay. There's certainly nothing wrong with their tunes or how they play them. And they have the rockin' recipe that usually leads to a happy CPJ...maybe I just need to give it a few more spins...

    CallPastorJerkface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I considered this band CPJ bait, so I'm mildly surprised that you don't dig 'em. I suppose this particular era of blue-revivalism is not a huge favourite of yours but there I go again trying to over-analyze things. Maybe when the CD re-issue comes out....

      Delete
  6. The Little Roosters rock hard. All their songs I've heard now have been top notch. I like their I Need A Witness better than Cocksparrer's. There is nothing wrong with it, it's a little more raw and "punk", I think I just like the Roosters middle section lot more compared to 'Sparrer's buildup. What do you think?
    James of Nazareth


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This albums needs a good reissue, doesn't it?

      Delete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die