Friday, May 25, 2012

Sterling: City Kids LP (1980)




Roberto's Rarities:
An
irregular MRML series powered by the wild generosity of our reader, Roberto: Enjoy and don't forget to leave our benefactor a thank-you comment.

Roberto accurately describes this 1980 rarity by Sterling as, "N.Y. guys with a fine mix of styles; from punky new wave to power-pop to seventies glam." A & M house producer David Kershubaum (Joe Jackson) gives the band a slick, commercial sound that will appeal to Cheap Trick and Cars aficionados.

A1         It's Me        
A2         City Kid        
A3         And She´s Mine        
A4         Good Girl        
A5         It's Only Love        
B1         Baby It's You        
B2         Robosexual        
B3         Are You Sleeping Alone        
B4         Phony People        
B5         Oh Yeay  


 



Let us know what you make of these New York City Kids, Sterling, in the COMMENTS section (where you'll find the City Kids LP).

12 comments:

  1. https://rapidshare.com/files/139728639/Strlng_CK_80.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! That's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The description sold me, I'm checking this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad few people left some thoughts behind - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the Sociologian. (That is, the description sold me.) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like hearing the backstory on these albums, it wasn't the brief part that sold me - it was some key terms. I'm glad I heard this album, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you dug and if I ever find any more backstory on this I'll update it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Lord this is good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I have a scratched vinyl copy and I have been looking for a listenable version FOREVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. James/Anon
    Glad to have brought you some happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die