Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ramones Story (Comic)



While we had a great reaction to our posting of The Rolling Stones and the Dead Kennedys [!] comics (see HERE), MRML is not planing on becoming a 'scan blog'. However, thanks to Big Scott we've received an avalanche of rock n' roll comics, including the comic from the Weird Tales of the Ramones set. (More Ramones HERE)


 


Rather than go the autobiographical route, this comic uses some amazing artists including Sergio Aragones (Mad Magazine), Bill Stout (EC Comics), Bill Griffith (Zippy The Pinhead), Xaime Hernandez (Love And Rockets), and Matt Groening (The Simpsons) to illustrate different aspect of the Ramones career.. 




MRML Readers,
Let us know what you make of this Ramones comic and whether you want to see more rare rock n' roll comics in the COMMENTS section!


 .


Update: This is not to be confused with the issue of Revolutionary Comics called The Ramones: The Birth of Punk, pictured above.
If any one has a scan of that, please let me know!

7 comments:

  1. MRML Readers,
    Let us know what you make of this Ramones comic and whether you want to see more rare rock n' roll comics RIGHT HERE!
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1346186832/Rmns Comic.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had no idea band comics were a thing, these look like a riot. thanks for posting and for a killer blog.
    ksn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and the more I dig - the more I find.

      Delete
  3. Thanks man, this stuff is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant brilliant brilliant.many thanks jeffen.I have the sex pistols one on my blog if you didn't get it from BigScott. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna post that one here too but I shouldn't be surprised to find that you've been there before me. Glad you're still keeping the blog alive!

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering is this the one that came in the box set? I have it but I never opened it (still in cellophane) Thanks for posting it either way, My love for this band will never die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die