Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hugh Cornwell: White Room 7" (1979)


Speaking of the album that Hugh Cornwell (more here) made with Robert Williams (from Captain Beefherart's Magic Band) plus a Zappa alumni (Ian Underwood) and two Devo brothers (Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh), here''s the lone single:



Yup it's an evisceration of a sixties rock classic (as all you Cream fans out there knew when I posted this earlier today) done in a rather Devo-friendly style. The B-side is an instrumental but what the hell...


What do you make of Hugh & Co.'s attack on Cream?

Speaking of comments, that is the section wherein you will find the White Room 7" link.


Support the artist!

Homepage


MySpace


Amazon



iTunes

11 comments:

  1. .

    Comments

    .

    Comments

    .

    Comments

    .

    Comments

    .

    Comments

    .

    Comments

    .

    Comments

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://www.mediafire.com/?j8f7zehfi0mw4x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. How odd, must be a different room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez, I'd forgotten about this. I actually used to play this in a club when I was a Dj. I loved it, but I pissed off a few hippies that thought it sacreligious. I didn't care. At the time I played quite a bit of the Stranglers as they seemed to be 'acceptable' punk to slip in between the New Wave I mostly played that was more conventional (at least when I didn't slip in The Normal TVOD oir Throbbing Gristle Unied or SPK). I always got a kick out of playing Bring On The Nubiles and watching to see iof anyone got the lyrics. Also played Get A Grip and Shah Shah a Go Go quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been on my wishlist for a long time. All The best to you Jeffen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Looking forward to listening. I just need to find the time for all of this excellent Stranglers stuff you've been posting.

    Cheers,
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard this one, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Commenters

    Glad to drag you all back to 1979!

    ReplyDelete
  8. if its good enough for the mothersbrough brothers and hugh then it good enough for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ! Any chance to reupload to please ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for clicking the COMMENTS link.
Now that you're here,I should mentions that
without reader feedback blogs slowly wither and die